View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Next day found the prospect more receptive. He had been thinking it over. 'Maybe you're right,' he said. 'God ought to be able to do anything.' Then he added, 'He sure didn't do much for me when I was trying to fight this booze racket alone.'

On the third day the lawyer gave his life to the care and direction of his Creator, and said he was perfectly willing to do anything necessary. His wife came, scarcely daring to be hopeful, though she thought she saw something different about her husband already. He had begun to have a spiritual experience. - Pg. 158 - A Vision For You

=====

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

The darker the shadow, the brighter the Light. As we stop using and leave the shadow of drug addiction, we slowly begin to see the new light of our life. Sometimes it is so bright, it hurts. We are not used to it.

God, as I understand You, as I clean up and the Light of recovery hurts, help me understand, adjust, and be grateful to leave the shadow.

=====

Prayer and Miracles

Today, I will pray for a miracle in a situation that seems too much for me to handle or understand. There are times when I just don't have what it takes to work out a situation. I'm too loaded up with fears and anxieties. What could it hurt to pray for a little divine guidance or intervention? At the very least, it will help ease my burden; and at best, it will aid in a genuine shift in perception that might truly help my situation. When I feel stuck and as if I have explored every option and am still nowhere, I will pray for a miracle.

- Tian Dayton PhD

=====

Member Submitted Quotes

Recognizing someone else's human dignity cannot cost you your own.

=====

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We found that the principals of tolerance and love had to be emphasized in actual practice. We can never say (or insinuate) to anyone that he must agree to our formula or be excommunicated. The atheist may stand up in an A.A. meeting still denying the Deity, yet reporting how vastly he has been changed in attitude and outlook. Much experience tells us he will presently change his mind about God, but nobody tells him he must do so.
In order to carry the principle of inclusiveness and tolerance still further, we make no religious requirement of anyone. All people having an alcoholic problem who wish to get rid of it and so make a happy adjustment with the sincerity is needed. But we do not demand even this.
In such as atmosphere the orthodox, the unorthodox, and the unbeliever mix happily and usefully together. An opportunity for spiritual growth is open to all.

=====

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

We need special people in our lives so that we can travel the path of recovery. The special people are easy to find, they are right in front of you. They are called 'winners.'

I stick with the winners and win with the stickers.

=====

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

You're not responsible for your disease, but you are responsible for your recovery.

=====

Member Submitted Quotes - Archive Page

Prior to coming to AA, when I told my family I was not going to ever drink again.... my intentions were good.
But because of what they saw, it was difficult for them to hear what I was saying.

The task in front of you is never greater than the power behind you. No human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
Remember, nothing is going to happen to you today that you and God cannot handle together. ODAAT

An alcoholic is a person who wants to be held while he's isolating. - Pandora N.

Hit your knees... not the bottle!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote