View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 5

Prayer of Trust When We Feel Lost

Lord God, sometimes I feel like a lost child, alone in the woods or on a strange street. I cannot see the road ahead of me. I fear what lies in the shadows.

I have no idea where I am going. I cannot know for certain where it will end. And even though I am trying to follow your will, sometimes I can't be sure whether I am or not. Sometimes, I think, I am fooling myself. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and that you will direct me, even if sometimes I get it wrong.

I hope and pray that I will at least not do anything today that I am certain will displease you, and I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always. Though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my troubles alone. Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Lord Is Near

Lord, I come today to seek You while You may be found. I call upon You while You are near: Forgive me and cleanse me from all sin. I forsake my sinful ways, and let go of unrighteous thoughts. I am returning to my Lord, and I thank You for having mercy upon me. Oh my God, thank You for abundantly pardoning me. Thank You for loving me. Jesus is my Lord. Amen

Gracious Father, may I not feel that it is necessary to wait for certain days and ceremonies to prepare to worship thee, while at every moment thy love is pleading for me. May I through the busiest hours and the most perplexing moments serve thee in reverence and obedience, and ever give praise to thy holy name. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we hear you say that, “of course”, you want to heal us of what is not good in our lives. Touch us today that we may experience your healing and the fullness of your life. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, help me to be the kind of witness I should be to the world. May others see Christ in me and the deeds I do. Forgive me when I get in the flesh and do things that I should not do. Help me to overcome my flesh and truly bring glory to You by the way I live. Fill me with the Spirit so that I can express Your love to all I come in contact with. Help me to be faithful and obedient to Your Words. Thank you for Your mercy and grace. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you for the great calling you have given us. We thank you that in all the evils of today's world you give us the hope and faith that you are leading us to a goal that is good, and you make us free. You make your children free so that throughout mankind a new spirit may come, a new life and a new power to serve you in time and eternity. Praise to your name that we can always have hope; nothing can discourage us, but everything must work together for good in accordance with your great purpose. Grant that your compassion may come to all the world, to all peoples, whom you have looked upon with mercy in sending Jesus Christ as Savior. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: