View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 8

Pleasing the Father

Jesus, You are my example, and I desire to live in the way that will not grieve the Holy Spirit. In Your name I resist unwholesome language, bitterness, improper use of anger, brawling, slander, and bad attitudes toward others. I forgive, just as my Father-God has forgiven me. May my attitudes and actions please God. I purpose to act in love toward my brothers and sisters in Christ, just as God acted in love by sending His Son to die for my sins. Amen

God of love, may I come quickly to thee, when I am in need of protection and sympathy. Guard me against sorrow that is drawn from the imagination. May I not allow grief to drag me into misery, but with strength and courage may I find happiness in thy daily will. Amen.

Lord our God, we pray for the strength to hold to our convictions. We pray, too, for the courage and determination to stand with those who suffer from injustice. In all that we do, Lord, inspire us to act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with you, our God. Amen.

Thank You, precious Savior, that Your love is steadfast. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning. Thank You for Your great faithfulness, not only to me but to all Your people from the first day of creation. When I am tempted to become depressed and distressed, may I choose to gaze on You. May I remember that You are my portion. May I hope in Your unceasing love, amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: