View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 14

To Witness Boldly

Dear Heavenly Father, I lower my head before you and confess that I have too often forgotten that I am yours. Sometimes I carry on my life as if there were no God and fall short of being a bold witness to You. For all of these things, I ask your forgiveness, and pray that you will give me strength, courage, a clear mind and an open heart when you call upon me to witness to your mighty love. Remind me always to strive to be who You would have me be, not matter where I am or what I am doing or who I am with. Hold me tight, precious Lord, and let your light shine through me that all can see it. Amen.
Meditation

[Being a bold witness.]

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that as Corrie ten Boom once said, "God does not hold me responsible for success but for faithfulness -- Jesus said, 'Well done you good and faithful servant,' not 'well done you good and successful servant.'" ... Help me , Lord, as I strive to be faithful; sometimes it's not easy, sometimes it's not convenient, sometimes it means standing against criticism and ridicule, threats and attacks. ... It may take more courage than I have, but then You have promised not to leave me alone, and that Your strength will be sufficient. ... Help me to endure to the end, and to learn to praise You in all things!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, I do not want to be selfish. I do realize how important it is to value and appreciate myself, and I know that I need genuine love for myself if I am fully to love others. Remind me of the importance of keeping time and space and quiet for myself, and remind me to respect the personal needs of others, too. Lord God, you who call me by my name, I thank you for making me who I am. Inspire me to grow as a genuine and sincere person with a positive attitude, right values, and a generous spirit. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do want to be like You, so help me to react with Your love when someone does something toward me that is evil. I confess that I cannot do this in myself, but I am asking that You give me the love, understanding and patience that I need to be able to overcome evil with good. Father, Jesus forgave those who crucified Him on the cross, even in the midst of His agony; let me remember what You did on the cross, when I need to forgive trespasses done against me. Lord, give all of Your children the power of the Holy Spirit to sustain them in their trials in this life. We all need Your power and grace to overcome and be like You. I ask this in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

Lord our God, kindle true light in our hearts and minds, that we may recognize what we are and become free of everything false and dishonest. Let this light of righteousness, this judgment, go through all nations, that men no longer use empty words when they talk of "mercy" and "truth." Grant that your mercy and your truth find the right soil and bear fruit. May they find soil prepared by you, for you judge us and make right what is wrong in our earthly life. We thank you that however painful many of our experiences are, we may still say, "Through how much need has not our merciful God spread out his wings to protect us!" Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: