View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 15

For the Day's Work

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Prayer for Those with Harmful Obsessions

Heavenly Father, I remember today all the many people who damage or destroy their lives with one of the thousand obsessions that can plague the human mind: The alcoholic and addict; those with eating disorders; those with sexual compulsions; those who are driven to obsessive gambling; the superstitious; those who hoard obsessively and live in squalor; those whose only concern is their appearance, or wealth; or any of the myriad, baffling, and often bizarre behavioral disorders that may affect and burden the lives of your people.

Help me first to remember, when I am shocked by their behavior or critical of them, that they are your beautiful children whom you love. Give them the strength to seek help, guide them to people who can help them, and flood them with the power of your Holy Spirit, that they may control their disorders and find peace and contentment on this earth, and the eternal joy that awaits the faithful. I pray this in the name of Christ, who loved beyond all love and was always pleased to heal those who came to Him in faith. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me not judge those afflicted with terrible addictions.]

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Heavenly Father, my household and I shall be saved because I believe on the Lord Jesus. Thank You for choosing us before the foundation of the world. Every member of my household is accepted in the Beloved, the Lord Jesus Christ. You give abundant water for my thirst and for my parched fields. Thank You for pouring out Your Spirit and Your blessings on my children in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to see that the real problem is not what happens to me but rather how I react that makes the difference. Teach me, Oh Lord, to deal with the circumstances in my life so that they will not be able to disturb my "inner peace and joy" in You. ... Help me to come to know You by studying Your Word and building a relationship with You. Remind me to put on Your armor* and to recognize my real enemy. Engrave in my heart that You are greater than any evil that can attack me.** ... As long as I abide in You, You have promised to abide in me. Give me Your gift of faith and help me to remain steadfast.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Eph. 6) ** (See I John 4:4)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Eternal God, help me to honor my life; and may I realize, whether I select good or bad, much or little, the harvesting is for eternity. Grant that I may not make my life accumulate gold and grandeur, and laden it with much spending; but may I strive and love what thou dost love, and make my life worthy of my labor. Amen.

Lord, I need to keep an eye on the small things in my life as well as the bigger issues, because my thoughts become my attitude, my attitude becomes my words, my words become my actions, and my actions form my character. Be there, Lord, in that instant before every thought, that I may choose wisely my thoughts and my attitude, my words and my actions, so that I grow as the person you call me to be. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for saving my soul. I am so glad that You are my Father and I can come to You, no matter what kind of problem I have. You are always so kind and merciful to me when I fail and I do appreciate it. Help me, so that I will be able to walk in the straight and narrow way and not take steps that are out of the way. I want to please You and have my steps ordered of You. Show me what You would have me to do and then strengthen me to do it. Also, help me to guard my mouth and not promise things to others that I am not able to perform. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

A Marvelous Message

1 Thessalonians 1:2-8

Dear Father,

Thank you for the great numbers of believers in Jesus Christ, for their works of faith, their labors of love, and their steadfastness of hope which they have in Christ. Thank you for choosing all of us and calling us to yourself by the Good News about Jesus. Thank you that this marvelous message came to us not only in word, but in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. Thank you for the example of your apostles as demonstrations of what the Good News about Jesus can do in human lives.

Help us to imitate their labors, suffering, and joys in the Holy Spirit so that we may become examples to others.

Let our faith, like theirs, go forth everywhere to all men so that all men will turn from vain idols and self-worship to serve you, the living and true God.

In the name of Jesus I pray and give thanks to you. Amen.

Lord our God, grant that we may find the power of your Spirit so that we may live on a higher level, no longer controlled by our lower natures but strengthened to take up the battle of life. May we be children of the Spirit and may we walk in the Spirit. Guard us against carelessness and keep us joyful and courageous. Help us and counsel us on all our ways so that we may honor you and testify that you are our God, our true help. Amen.

Father God, we thank you for the many ways that you deliver us. We thank you that you are faithful, and have established us and guarded us against the evil one. Remind us Lord to keep our confidence in you, and that you are working out your plan. Direct our hearts to love you and to know the steadfastness of Christ Jesus.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: