View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

Wisdom for Today
The program is growing all the time. New groups get started every day. But what happens when members of a group split off and begin a new group. What is my attitude when members of a group that I attend leave to start a new meeting? Do I wish them well and encourage them as they head out the door to start a new group? Or am I angry that they have disrupted the group that I attend? Do I get frustrated when the group, I am in shrinks in size? Do I have hard feelings towards the members that leave the group, or do I support them? This is the reality of the program: we all experience changing schedules and changing needs. As this occurs, it is not uncommon for factions of a group to split off and begin a new meeting.
My attitude regarding change is essential to how well I will accept, support and encourage this change. If I perceive this change as something unwanted and not positive, I will likely complain, judge and possibly even work to undermine the change. If, however, I perceive this change as something good for the growth of the program and support other members seeking to meet their needs, I am more likely to give my blessing and support. I am more likely to visit this new group and support it through my involvement. This is how the program grows. This is what makes meetings more available to others in need. Do I support the growth of the program? Do I see this
as positive?
Meditations for the Heart
Prayer is our way of communicating with our Higher Power. In prayer we both reach out, and we become receptive. Prayer is something we need to do often. We need to pray and pray until we find serenity in a relationship with God, as we understand Him. It is in this manner of communication that we find many needed things. In prayer we can find wisdom and knowledge of His will for our lives. It is in prayer that we can find hope and strength. In this relationship we find courage for each day – the courage to stay clean and sober, the courage for change and the courage to be honest. In prayer we are able to unload our burdens, and we are able to find rest. It is in prayer that we can find healing of our brokenness. Our resentments and fears can be quieted. Most of all, we find that we are not alone. Here we find communion with His Spirit, and we find acceptance. Do I pray often?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Today I need only You to be present in my life. I need Your presence to guide me on the pathway of recovery. Give me this day an open mind, an accepting heart and Your peace. Let me remember to support the program, its growth and its changes, just as the program supports me and helps me to grow and change.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: