View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #40
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 31

Quote of the Week

"If I keep doing what I was doing, I’ll keep getting what I was getting."

I remember when I was new to recovery I was very willing to follow direction. I went to ninety meetings in ninety days, got a home group, got a minimum of four commitments at various meetings, got a sponsor, and began working the Twelve Steps. I did a lot and I got a lot. My life improved, I felt better, and I started to recover. Even the promises began to come true.

Now that I’m deep in recovery, I find that I’m not as active as I used to be. Oh sure, I still go to meetings, and I even have a couple of commitments, but I find I’m not doing all the things I used to do. And I’ve also found that I’m not getting out of the program what I used to get. When I heard this quote, I immediately made the connection.​​​

When I spoke with my sponsor about this, he reminded me that I didn’t need to “go out” to restart my program. There are always newcomers who need sponsors and meetings that need help, and I could always add a meeting or two. The good news is that as soon as I start doing what I did, I start getting what I got. So, if you’re not feeling it these days, just think back to what you used to do when you were new and start doing it again.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote