View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 3

Wisdom for Today
I cannot forget that addiction is my number one problem. This disease has ways of continually trying to sneak up on me in my life, even when I am strong and active in my program. It is especially cunning, baffling, and powerful when other problems are occurring in my life. This is why it is so important for me to keep, "First things first." I must always remember I have this disease and not put other problems I may have in front of my recovery. The reality is that I have only two problems. One is staying clean and sober, and two is all the rest. I will not ever be able to deal with all the rest effectively if I do not deal with my number one problem first. I need to continue to work my program and stay in a good place spiritually if I am to find solutions for my other problems, whatever they may be. I cannot put family problems, occupational problems, legal problems, financial problems ahead of my recovery.
I also must be cautious of becoming too relaxed in my recovery. Success has a way of making me feel too comfortable in my sobriety. Here is where my disease can seize an opportunity to catch me when I am not looking. I cannot let success blind me from the fact that this disease continues to live in me even with years of success under my belt. Overconfidence has been the downfall of many leading them back to relapse. Any problem can be dangerous for us, but none more than the disease of addiction. Do I keep "First things first?"
Meditations for the Heart
Progress is what we seek. Each day we can find new opportunity for growth. We can build on the gains made yesterday. We can find that new strength, new wisdom, and new courage can be ours today, if we only seek to do God's will for us. We need to open our eyes to the opportunities He affords us. We can learn from each mistake, and we can learn from each success. When I stay grounded in the truth of progress and not perfection, I find that I stay willing to keep growing in my recovery and in my spirituality. Some days the progress comes in the form of not repeating past errors in judgment. Other days I find that my faith is strengthened. Other days I may find that my relationships with others are improved. Wherever the progress occurs in my life, I must be grateful to have been led to the opportunity for growth. Each of these opportunities are ones that I would not have had if I did not find this program. Today I can even be sure that the truth is that the program found me. Do I seek to make progress every day in my recovery?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Help me always to seek to make progress. To do this I know I must keep first things first. This means that I must always keep You first, for without You I know recovery does not happen. Grant me keen eyes, so that I may see every opportunity that is provided me for growth. Help me to trust that You will provide for me what is needed for the task of this growth.
Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: