View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

OPENING THE HEART

"Everything is made of light; everything is alive. The Great Mystery of life has little to do with intelligence. The universe is not an intellectual process. The intellect is helpful; but our hearts are the wiser part of ourselves."
-- Mellen-Thomas Benedict

Heart is a word that refers to many different levels of our being. Essentially, it is the love aspect of soul, capable of making direct, intuitive contact. Soul love is not emotional; it is highly impersonal and intelligent, capable of grasping the essence of someone or something without any projection on our part.

Appreciation significantly turns on the heart. Appreciation is not an emotion that arises spontaneously, but a soul quality we can choose. The more often we choose to be appreciative, the easier this choice becomes and the more frequently our heart opens to give and receive love.

"If you open your heart, love opens your mind."
-- Charles John Quarto

Is your spiritual development important to you?

From Higher Awareness, used with permission

It has been the only way I can stay clean and sober in today. The only defence I have against this dis-ease of addiction.

Last night my son phoned me and asked for $100. and told me that he really needed it, if I didn't give it to him, he would be beaten up. I said, "Deal with it" and I shut off my phone.

I was talking to my sponsor when it happened and he kept ringing and ringing (14 times), and I apologized to her for the interruption. She said, "It is okay now that I know what it is." I called a friend for support and had a good talk with her. He didn't get beaten up, and all the dramatics was a lie, just to con mother out of money to use, because his cheque wasn't as big as he expected.

It was difficult, but without my God, it would have been impossible.

I almost didn't call my sponsor because I thought she was at her daughter's, but she doesn't go until today. I phoned my friend and she was well enough to take my call, she has been in bed for several days.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote