View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

At the beginning, I had a fear of relapse because I knew that if I did, I would die So I looked at a lot of things as a healthy fear, don't set yourself up, look for your triggers, change old patterns and behaviours, it wasn't just about putting down the drugs and alcohol, it was getting to the root of why I picked up in the first place. I was told if I didn't deal with my issues, I would block myself and prevent myself from healing. What brought me to the program will take me back if I am not willing to address it. Many times, praying for the willingness to BE willing.

As they say, live in the solution, not the problem. Problems we stay stuck in, challenges we can overcome.

This is a one day at a time program. All you can do is the best you can do in today. I find when I am troubled, and things just aren't computing in my life, I go back to basics. Which for me is: go to meetings, talk to my sponsor, and if you don't have a home group or a sponsor, I would suggest you get one, it is the support that sees us through the rough times. Even a temporary sponsor, until you can find one you feel comfortable with. I was told to get one who had something I didn't have.

You don't lose that time, all you did was lose your sobriety date. They say that relapse is part of my disease, so I need to get with my recovery. It can help us, if we are lucky enough to make it back into the rooms and try again. Some don't make it back, others like my son, refuses to quit certain drugs and says he will never go to another meeting. It is his choice. Not my choice for him, but I am not his Higher Power.

I always had my religious beliefs, but they didn't keep me sober. I didn't find recovery until I was 49 years old. It is a miracle that I made it to the doors. I believe my God chose me, He had something in mind for me. My understanding is that I am suppose to carry the message of recovery.

All these shares I made and are copied from another site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg takecare.jpg (14.6 KB, 1 views)

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: