View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
First of all, I am trying to speak American!

Secondly, I was doing a Zen meditation and asked if it was possible to find a common denominator, so that everyone could find common ground and identify and the word I got was "Wishful thinking!"

Quote:
Our mind is the wish-fulfilling tree-whatsoever you think, sooner or later it is fulfilled.

This was followed by the word "Challenge."

Quote:
Misery only means that things are not fitting with your desires-and things never fit with your desires, they cannot. Things simply go on following their nature.

My sponsor told me to look at "problems" as challenges. Something to be overcome and to work on. And the "Piece de la resistance" was the word "Accident."

Quote:
It is not a certain sequence of causes that brings enlightenment. Your search, your intense longing, your readiness to do anything-altogether perhaps they create a certain aroma around you in which that great accident becomes possible. - Osho

Looks like I may have to 'stink' up the place a little to get everyone's attention.

Hey people, we are family. We have travelled different road to get here. It is my understanding that we have one goal, one destination and that is recovery. It doesn't matter the substance, it doesn't matter the trauma and difficulties you overcame to get here, it doesn't matter what stood in your way of getting here sooner, the important thing is - you are here!

We can do what I can't. God Bless.
When I see post that I made like this, I have to laugh. How could I have stayed in denial for so long? I use to be the life of the party, then I became so introverted, that if I talked, you couldn't have heard me, not that I had a lot to say by then that was worth listening. You can't talk to a drunk, especially if you are trying to make sense of what they are saying. The lies, the lies by omission, the telling the way they think you want to hear it, or just out and out manipulation, fabrication, and totally without any sense of reality.

Quote:
I think I shared in my story that I was in Akron, Ohio for my ex-husband's cousin's wedding. I was too sick to drink the wine at the burgundy breakfast the next morning and I was so hung over that I couldn't help with the driving home. Yet I remained in denial about my alcoholism and didn't find acceptance for two years after I got here. I think it just took me that long to detox and for the brain to clear so I could face reality.

Posted in 2004

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote