View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 18

Prayer of Resolve

Blessed Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve — and will try this day with my full heart — to imitate Your example, to be like You: mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and kind. I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day — not only people I like — and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You. I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever. Amen.

Almighty God, by your Holy Spirit you have made me one with your saints in heaven and on earth. Grant that in my earthly pilgrimage I may always be supported by this fellowship of love and prayer, and know myself to be surrounded by their witness to your power and mercy. I ask this for the sake of Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear Lord God, some people are able to say short prayers and see immediate results. However, I must recognize that they have spent considerable time in studying Your Word, in prayer and meditation, and in seeking to know Your will. In other words, they were already "prayed up!" ... When a crisis comes, they know You! They know that they can trust You, and that You are ready to comfort, strengthen, and sustain them in their time of need. They know that You have said, "My strength is made perfect in weakness."* ... Oh Lord, help me to see that I too, need a close relationship with You in my life. I need to spend time with You each day, and learn that You are indeed faithful to Your Word and that I can count on You! Help me, Lord, for You too want to be able to count on me to share Your love with others.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (II Cor. 12:9)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Bearing The Burdens Of Others”

Father, we take to heart the inspired words of James that direct us to confess our sins to one another and to pray one for another. You bring us together in this journey of faith, those who are weak and those who are strong, that we might encourage our brother or sister and stand with them in prayer. You invite us all to Come, those whose joy is morning sun and those weeping through the night. Come, those who tell of battles won, and those struggling in the fight. For Your perfect love will never change, and Your mercies never cease, but follow us through all our days with Your certain hope of peace. We unite in faith through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: