View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 19

Prayer for the Morning

Blessed are you, O Lord my God, King of the universe, who removes sleep from my eyes, that I may see the returning light of the your day. I thank you for all that you have done while I was asleep, watching over me and all your children while we slept unaware, and I pray that my thoughts and acts this day may show forth my love and thanks for you and all you have done for me.

Help me through your Holy Spirit, that I may remember what you have taught me in the Bible and it may show forth in my every deed. Let me not wander into the hands of sin, nor into the hands of pride or perversity, nor into the hands of temptation, nor into the hands of shame, but steer my inclinations towards goodness and charity this morning and all the day. In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

May the Passion of Christ be ever in my heart. May your law and your goodness guide my every thought, O Lord. And may the power of your Holy Spirit flow through my words and my actions today, and always. Amen.

Dear Lord, when we repeat the prayer that You gave Your disciples, we pray: "Thy will be done." Have I concentrated so long on knowing Your will that I have forgotten that it must "be done?" Often it will only be done when a Christian does it; other times, only if I do it! ... Oh Lord, it is not enough to just know Your will, is it? I must be ready to act on it. I ask that You empower me with Your Holy Spirit, that I may carry out Your will more effectively each day.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

“A Prayer For Being Fruitful As A Christian”

Father, like the Morning Glories we too want to be an example of one who is resourceful, perseveres, is proliferous in reaching others for the cause of Christ, and one who loves others just as Christ loves us. In our love for others, we consider the thousands who are suffering in the midst of the devastating floods in Colorado and earnestly pray that they will find refuge, restoration, and a hope that can only be found in You as their Saviour. May we live in such a way that Your glory is manifested in our lives not just in the morning but all day long. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. Exodus 19:4–6

Lord our God and our Father, we thank you for all the light you let shine on earth to gladden our hearts. Your light shows us how to live in your creation with open eyes and open hearts, accepting in a childlike way all the good gifts from your hand. How much good you send to many sorrowful hearts, and how much strengthening to those in weakness, poverty, and sickness! Grant that we may recognize what comes from you, that we are not cast down in spirit but mount up again and again on wings like eagles. May we learn to say at all times, "Through how much need has not our merciful God spread out his wings to protect us!" Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Please give me the strength to get through the day. Grant me peace when this day is over.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of sweet sleep. I am most grateful to be able to lie down at night and be able to find rest. Lord, help me to be disciplined in all areas of my life and not to over-sleep, nor over-eat. I want to be a good example for You and walk in moderation in all things. Lord, may I never neglect my spiritual duties of prayer and devotion, so that I can be guided in Your ways and avoid the snares of the devil. May my light always shine in this dark world for You. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: