View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 07:13 AM   #31
yukonm
Administrator

April 26

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

I woke up. This had to be stopped. I saw I could not take so much as one drink. I was through forever. Before then, I had written lots of sweet promises, but my wife happily observed that this time I meant business. And so I did.

Shortly afterward I came home drunk. There had been no fight. Where had been my high resolve? I simply didn't know. It hadn't even come to mind. Someone had pushed a drink my way, and I had taken it. Was I crazy? I began to wonder, for such an appalling lack of perspective seemed near being just that. - Pg. 5 - Bill's Story

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

One thing you will learn in early recovery from addiction, is that you can keep going long after you think you can't. This is because you are not alone. Even if you had no family, no friends, or no co-workers, you would not be alone--for you have us in the fellowships. We are family.

I know I am never abandoned even when I feel the most retched, even when I rant and push against this world, my family in the fellowship is waiting for me to reach out.

Looking Toward What is Good

I am a creative being. I have the power of reason, the ability to think, hope and dream. I can envision my life not only as it is, but as I might wish it to be. I can then think through the steps I might need to become more of who I wish to be. I have the power to think my way into a happy point of view, to see the glass as half full rather than half empty. My mind can be my greatest enemy or my greatest ally. It depends on how I choose to use it.

I hold a beautiful vision of life

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Being lonely gets in the way of learning how to live alone. You are not alone even though you may have felt alone in a crowd in the past. The remedy for loneliness is service. Show up to a meeting 30 minutes early tonight and help set up. We promise you will not be lonely!

I never have to be alone again.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

You cannot think yourself sober, read yourself sober or act yourself sober. You must live yourself sober.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I am open to all the powers of the universe. I am letting them work for me and carry me to my next step. JOY!

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Do I want to drink, get esophagus lesions, pee blood until I die a horrible death in a flophouse? Or do I want to go to AA, do some meetings, do some steps, live a certain way and stay sober? Ah... Can I get back to you on that? - Charlie C.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing:
Sponsored Links