View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

HONOR AND RESPONSIBILITY

“This the sponsor promptly proves by talking freely and easily, and without exhibitionism, about his own defects, past and present.” 12&12 p.46

“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.” Proverbs 19:20

For what it's worth: From my first day in Alcoholics Anonymous, I was challenged to do my best to stay sober. But, there was nothing left in me. Alcoholism had crushed it all. I had to find strength somewhere else. I was blessed to find a wise sponsor. He shared his experience, strength, and hope with me, and I learned from him how to meet the challenge of sobriety and began a spiritual journey that would some day result in being asked to be a sponsor. That is an honor and an awesome responsibility that brings both smiles and tears. Some you work with will provide laughs and joy; others will break your heart.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: