View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

LITTLE TIME - ETERNAL REWARDS

"The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." Proverbs 11:25 (The Message)

"Service, gladly rendered, obligations squarely met, troubles well accepted or solved with God's help, the knowledge that at home or in the world outside we are partners in a common effort, the well-understood fact that in God's sight all human beings are important, the proof that love freely given surely brings a full return, the certainty that we are no longer isolated and alone in self-constructed prisons, the surety that we need no longer be square pegs in round holes but can fit and belong in God's scheme of things -- these are the permanent and legitimate satisfactions of right living for which no amount of pomp and circumstance, no heap of material possessions, could possibly be substitutes." Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p.124

For what it's worth: My alcoholic mind told me there were no blessings for me, so why should I be concerned about blessings for others. This sick attitude followed me into Alcoholics Anonymous where I learned that alcoholism is a disease of self absorbsion, and it would kill me unless I learned to serve others. Fortunately, many were ready to lead the way into a new way of thinking and behaving. Working with others for others has become my best tool for staying sober. It works when nothing else will. It takes little time and has eternal rewards.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: