View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

PLENTY OF WORK TO DO

“Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 63

“My food is doing the will of Him who sent me and finishing the work He has given me.” John 4:34

For what it's worth: Alcoholism was work, selfish work, satisfying my need for the drink. Sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous taught me how to take the selfish out of work. Actually, my experience indicates my personal satisfaction in sobriety is directly proportional to what I do for others. Serving others keeps the motor running smoothly, and whenever I need a jump start, reaching out to someone always works. It always brings me closer to my Heavenly Father. So, with His grace, I hope to continue His work. There is plenty left to do.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: