Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #408
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day of sobriety. My sobriety has been sorely tasted lately and I wondered why. I haven't been doing a gratitude list.
Grateful for the food I have to eat. I have enough to last me to the end of the month.
Grateful that my rent is paid. I have a rental receipt and I keep forgetting about doing my taxes. I don't get money back, but they need to be done. I generally remember on Thursday the office is closed.
Grateful that I got some sleep last night, even though some of it was found in my chair.
Grateful that I had the words to ask my son to leave again. I have been asking for months, but he hasn't been hearing. AA Thoughts for today says is well. DENIAL, Don't even notice that I am lying. It is an Alconym that works for both of us. I told myself that I could stand to have him around when he was using and taking money from me.
Grateful that we have freedom of choice and we can choose again.
Grateful that I don't have to put myself through mental and emotional abuse, been there done it, wore the T-shirt for years. I don't have to keep putting it in the laundry and wearing it again.
Grateful that each day is a new beginning.
Grateful that I get to work this program one day at a time.
Grateful for all those who share this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote