View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 06:38 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

Wisdom for Today
One thing that I found important along the way was to remember to thank God. In the selfishness of my addiction, I was so far removed from God that I had no relationship with Him at all. As I got clean and sober, I found myself still struggling with selfishness and self-centeredness. Just because I stopped drinking and using didn't mean that I instantly became grateful. I really had to stop and think about what was happening in my life. When I really stopped long enough to realize that nothing that was happening in my life was by my own doing, I finally started to experience gratitude.
It was not just God that I needed to thank; it was also everyone else who had been helping me. I began to seek out those people who would say something at a meeting that I could relate to and express my appreciation. I made a purpose of thanking my sponsor each time we talked. I began to even thank my family members for the support they offered. Most of all, I spent time each morning asking God for help and each evening thanking Him for another day of sobriety. Am I truly grateful for the gifts I receive in recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
In recovery my vision changed. It was not just because my brain came out of the fog; it was because I started to experience a spiritual vision. I could not physically see God, but I could see His actions in my life and in the lives of other addicts and alcoholics. I began to envision myself walking hand-in-hand with my Higher Power on the road to recovery. I envisioned conversations with God along the way. As my spiritual consciousness improved, I began to see life more clearly. I could feel God's presence and His strength. I had been trapped in the prison of addiction; now I could see outside the box. Out there somewhere was my Higher Power, limitless in all of eternity. He was outside of the box, and now I was walking right beside Him. Do I walk with my Higher Power on the path of recovery?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
When I stop and think about all the good things that are happening in my life, I know that all this happens only through Your help. For all the gifts that You have given me along the way, I am grateful. Help me this day to keep my spiritual vision and see outside of the box. Let me walk hand-in-hand with You today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: