View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:53 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

March 9

Discovery
“Quite as important was the discovery that spiritual principles would solve all my problems.
I have since been brought into a way of living infinitely more satisfying and, I hope, more useful
than the life I lived before. My old manner of life was by no means a bad one, but I would not
exchange its best moments for the worst I have now. I would not go back to it even if I could.’’
- Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 42 - 43

Thought to Ponder . . .
Recovery is discovery.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A R T = Always Remain Teachable.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

The Light
"To what extent I was personally responsible for my drinking, I don't know. Yet I'm not one to take complete refuge in the
idea that I was a sick man only. In earlier years, I certainly had some degree of free will. That free will I used badly, to the
great misery of my mother and countless others. I am deeply ashamed. As one who knows me a little, you may have
heard how, ten years ago, a friend, himself a liberated alcoholic, came to me bearing the light which finally led me out of
the toils. There will come a day like that for you and yours--I'm so confident!"
Bill W., Letter to the Mother of an Alcoholic, Dec. Language of the Heart, p. 102

Thought to Consider . . .
It's impossible for me to love God and hate myself.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
ISM = I, Self, Me

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Substitute
>From "Stay Sober on Love":
"The things I thought I needed for so many years no longer seem important, now that I have become aware of the
spiritual resources God has given me. With these, I don't need alcohol to function. What a joy to stay sober on love on
love instead of fear!" Toronto, Ontario/Canada
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 35

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"If there are challenges to be met today, I remember other days when what seemed impossible was made possible."
Huntington, W.V., August 2006
"Never Sober Today Before"
Beginner's Book: Getting and Staying Sober in AA

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much
more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our
respective homes, occupations and affairs."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 19

"When people presented us with spiritual approaches, how frequently
did we all say, "I wish I had what that man has. I'm sure it
would work if I could only believe as he believes. But I cannot
accept as surely true the many articles of faith which are so plain
to him." So it was comforting to learn that we could commence at a
simpler level."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 47~

True ambition is not what we thought it was. True ambition is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly under the grave of God.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 124

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Renew Your Effort
'Though I know how hurt and sorry you must be after this slip, please do not worry about a temporary loss of your inner
peace. As calmly as you can, just renew your effort on the A.A. program, especially those parts of it which have to do
with meditation and self-analysis.
'Could I also suggest that you look at excessive guilt for what it is? Nothing but a sort of reverse pride. A decent regret
for what has happened is fine. But guilt - no.
'Indeed, the slip could well have been brought about by unreasonable feelings of guilt because of other moral failures, so
called. Surely, you ought to look into this possibility. Even here you should not blame yourself for failure; you can be
penalized only for refusing to try for better things.' LETTER, 1958

Prayer For The Day: Dear Lord, please grant me the wisdom to understand that I do make a difference in the world.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: