View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 06:03 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

March 8

Willingness
When I am willing to do the right thing,
I am rewarded with an inner peace no amount of liquor could ever provide.
When I am unwilling to do the right thing,
I become restless, irritable and discontent. It is always my choice.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 317

Thought to Ponder . . .
When I choose the behavior, I choose the consequences.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
W H O = Willingness, Honesty, Open-mindedness.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Inventory
"We continue to take personal inventory and continue to set right any new mistakes as we go along. We vigorously
commenced this way of living as we cleaned up the past. We have entered the world of the Spirit. Our next function is to
grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter. It should continue for our lifetime. Continue to
look for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 84

Thought to Consider . . .
When I am too busy to pray - I am just too busy.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
CHANGE Choosing Honesty Allows New Growth Everyday

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Focus
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"The Washingtonian Society, a movement among alcoholics which started in Baltimore a century ago [the 1850s],
almost discovered the answer to alcoholism. At first the society was composed entirely of alcoholics trying to help one
another. The early members foresaw that they should dedicate themselves to this one aim. In many respects the
Washingtonians were akin to A.A. Their membership passed the five hundred thousand mark. Had they stuck to their
one goal, they might have found the full answer. Instead, the Washingtonians permitted politicians and reformers, both
alcoholic and nonalcoholic, to use the society for their own purposes. Abolition of slavery, for example, was a stormy
political issue then. Soon Washingtonian speakers violently and publicly took sides on this question. Maybe the society
could have survived the abolition controversy, but it did not have a chance from the moment it decided to reform all
America's drinking habits. Some of the Washingtonians became temperance crusaders. Within a very few years they
had completely lost their effectiveness in helping alcoholics, and the society collapsed."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pgs. 124-25

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Great love is the sunlight of AA's tree of life."
Jackson, Miss., November 1964
"Let Go and Let God"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Now we go out to our fellows and repair the damage done in the
past. We attempt to sweep away the debris which has accumulated out of our effort to live on self-will and run the show
ourselves. If we haven't the will to do this, we ask until it comes. Remember it was
agreed at the beginning we would go to any lengths for victory over alcohol."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg.76~

"We meet frequently so that newcomers may find the fellowship they seek."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 15~

Those of us who have come to make regular use of prayer would no more do without it than we would refuse air, food,
or sunshine. And for the same reason. When we refuse air, light, or food, the body suffers. And when we turn away
from meditation and prayer, we likewise deprive our minds, our emotions, and our intuitions of vitally needed support.
As the body can fail its purpose for lack of nourishment, so can the soul.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 97

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Thousands of 'Founders'
'While I thank God that I was privileged to be an early member of A.A., I honestly wish that the word 'founder' could be
eliminated from the A.A. vocabulary.
'When you get right down to it, everyone who has done any amount of successful Twelfth Step work is bound to be the
founder of a new life for other alcoholics.'
'A.A. was not invented! Its basics were brought to us through the experience and wisdom of many great friends. We
simply borrowed and adapted their ideas.'
'Thankfully, we have accepted the devoted services of many nonalcoholics. We owe our very lives to the men and
women of medicine and religion. And, speaking for Dr. Bob and myself,I gratefully declare that had it not been for our
wives, Anne and Lois, neither of us could have lived to see A.A.'s beginning.' 1. LETTER, 1945 - 2. LETTER, 1966 - 3.

LETTER, 1966

Prayer For The Day: Dear Lord, I ask for strength, and You give me difficulties that require strength. I pray for courage, and You give me dangers to overcome. I ask for favors, and You give me opportunities. I pray for patience, and You lead me into a traffic tie-up, but You never forsake me. Your love surrounds me, and You give me both encouragement and hope. ... Help me to remember times in the past when You have stood by me, comforted me, strengthened me, healed me, and blessed me. Thank You, Lord, and help me to be a blessing to others, that they may want to know You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: