Old 03-11-2017, 06:14 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

March 11

Without Defense
We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with
sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a
week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink.
~ Alcoholics Anonymous, p 24

Thought to Ponder . . .
The monkey’s asleep but the circus hasn’t left town.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Answer Available.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Willpower
"We AA's know the futility of trying to break the drinking obsession by will power alone. However, we do know that it
takes great willingness to adopt AA's Twelve Steps as a way of life that can restore us to sanity.
"Bill W., Letter, 1966 As Bill Sees It, p. 88

Thought to Consider . . .
Willingness is doing what I have to,
whether I want to or not.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
LET GO
Leave Everything To God, Okay?

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Powerlessness
Step Three: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
"Isn''t it true that in all matters touching upon alcohol, each of them has decided to turn his or her life over to the care,
protection, and guidance of Alcoholics Anonymous? Already a willingness has been achieved to cast out one's own will
and one's own ideas about the alcohol problem in favor of those suggested by A.A. A willing newcomer feels sure A.A. is
the only safe harbor for the foundering vessel he has become. Now if this is not turning one's will and life over to a
newfound Providence, then what is it?"
1952, AAWS, Inc.; Printed 2005; Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pg. 35

*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*

"I have come to believe that my drinking insanity is only one form of the craziness to which we AAs are prone. I call it
Insanity A. Insanity B is finding out what works for you -- and then not doing it."
Prague, Czechoslovakia, February 2005
"Insanity B"
Beginner's Book: Getting and Staying Sober in AA

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Resentment is the "number one" offender. It destroys more
alcoholics than anything else."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, pg. 64~

"If we are planning to stop drinking, there must be no reservation
of any kind, nor any lurking notion that someday we will be immune to
alcohol."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 33~

All these failings generate fear, a soul-sickness in its own right. Then fear, in turn, generates more character defects.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 49

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Truth, the Liberator
How truth makes us free is something that we A.A.'s can well understand. It cut the shackles that once bound us to alcohol. It continues to release us from conflicts and miseries beyond reckoning; it banishes fear and isolation. The unity of our Fellowship, the love we cherish for each other, the esteem in which the world holds us - all of these are products of the truth which, under God, we have been privileged to perceive.
Just how and when we tell the truth - or keep silent - can often reveal the difference between genuine integrity and none at all.
Step Nine emphatically cautions us against misusing the truth when it states: 'We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.' Because it points up the fact that the truth can be used to injure as well as to heal, this valuable principle certainly has a wide-ranging application to the problem of developing integrity. GRAPEVINE, AUGUST 1961

Prayer For The Day: Dear Lord, I thank you for all you have done. I feel sometimes as if I ask to much. Today I just want to say thank you.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote