Old 06-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 4

Prayer for the Morning

Good morning, dear Father; thank you for this day,
Help me to follow you in every way.
Let me speak as you speak, and do as you do;
Let me help others, as you help them, too.

Help me to be honest, don't let me play games,
Help me to grow, yet still stay the same.
Help me not to be selfish, to give of my heart, my mind and my labor;
Give all - not just part.

Help me to love others, my family, my friends,
Bless all of my foes, help me make amends.
Help me be kind, Father, where I am needed, let
Me give warm attention, and see all needs are met.

Help keep me busy, to strive for the best,
Help me not to be lazy, but find needed rest.
Let me come to you, Father, throughout the day,
Often to thank you, often to pray.
Amen.
Meditation

[Help me keep busy, to strive for the best.]

Prayer to Witness Boldly

O Holy One, I call to you and name you as eternal, ever-present, almighty, and boundless in love. Yet there are times, O God, when I fail to recognize you in the everyday routine of my life. There are times timidity clenches my heart and I hide my faith from the world and even from myself. Sometimes fear makes me so small that I miss a chance to express my belief. Doubts and insecurity suppress the wonderful wisdom I have learned, from your holy word, from listening to your teachers, and from the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, in the daily round from sunrise to sunset and to sunrise again, remind me again and again of your holy presence hovering near me and in me. Free me from shame and self-doubt in expressing my faith. Help me to see you in the fleeting moments of possibility and be filled with your courage and your word. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

Blessing

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen.

by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, 958 A.D.

Holy Spirit, I ask you to perfect the fruit of my lips giving praise. Thank you for this mighty weapon of praise, which stops and stills the enemy. I am joyful in the Salvation of my Lord. I greatly rejoice in your strength, O LORD; and in your salvation! You have given me my heart’s desire, and have not withheld the request of my lips. You meet me with the blessings of goodness…you give me life and length of days. You have made me exceedingly glad with your presence. Be exalted, O LORD, in your own strength! Amen

Dear Lord, so much of my suffering is brought about by my being out of harmony with Your will, but there is a quantity of suffering which is necessary for my spiritual growth. ... Oh Lord, remind me that even then, You are in the midst of it, sufficient for my strength, and that the beauty of the morning can be appreciated because of the darkness of the night. ... Sorrow is ever making channels for joy! Let me learn to praise You always.

In Jesus name I pray.

Amen.
(c) 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for loving us. Lord, You loved us even when we were unlovely. I am ever grateful for Your love. Fill me today with Your love so that I can be like You and love the unlovely and be kind to everyone, including the wicked. Lord, You love everyone, as You send Your rain on the unjust, as well as the just. Help me to love those who touch my life that are not always kind to me. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that my character does not change when people come against me. I truly want to be able to bless my enemies and do good to them. I know I can only do this through allowing Your love to come through me. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: