View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Why would you want to be normal? It is much more fun to be a recovering alcoholic/addict. We are not saints it says in the Big Book. I use to say, under my breath, "Speak for yourself."

We don't metabolize alcohol the way normal people do. It is as simple as that. We have an allergy and a compulsive/obsessive state of mind, that we treat one day at a time by going to meetings. When you get tired of meetings, go to more meetings. If you don't want to go to a meeting, don't walk, run to the nearest meeting.

We are a fellowship of people, living a spiritual life, one day at a time. I was heard a pastor of a church say at an AA group anniversary, "I wish the people upstairs had what the people downstairs in the basement had."

We are not a religious program, it is a spiritual one. We are not askng you to give up your religious beliefs or lack of belief, we just ask you to accept those who think differently than you. Don't leave anyone outside the circle. It is a spiritual program that offers recovery to people of ALL religions.

I answered your two posts. I would suggest that your pay and ask for the willingness to be willing to quit. As for the obsession to be removed from you. For some it takes a while, while others white knuckle it until they build up a relationship with the God of THEIR understanding. For me, God is as He reveals Himself to me in today. I just had to look at my day, and know that my God was with me in my walk today. I suffer from chronic pain. There are times I am gifted a window of time where there is none. If I fall by the wayside, like I did tonight, I have got major foot pain while I am typing this.

We are our own worst enemy. Drugs and alcohol where our best friend. Then they became our worst enemy and they no longer worked for us, and often we went on to others things and our drug of choice became more.

Welcome to the site. Wishing you a 24 hour of sobriety (soundness of mind).

The deer says, "Be gentle with yourself." Don't beat yourself up. All we are asked to do is try. The failure isn't in the relapse. The failure is in not trying again.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote