View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

For some of us gathered here this morning, things of past is where our heart is at. Like the Israelites we keep referring to our Egypt. Like Lot we keep turning back at our Sodom. This is sure a distraction in our spiritual walk. We can not enjoy the freedom and full benefits of God's leading as long as we cling on to things of past.

Alright, childhood was carefree. Younger days were more fun. Old was gold. But we have to move on! We can't appreciate what is in store for us if we are not looking forward to the life ahead.

I am reminded of a beautiful childhood chorus we sang at Sunday School which goes:

Move on brothers!
Move on sisters!
This is a moving day.
Move a little forward
Take your stand with Jesus
Move on brother move on...

So, let us move on today; forgetting the former things and not dwelling on the past. God is doing a new thing in us,among us. He is making a way in our wilderness and streams in our wastelands. Let us be expectant of that. Praise the Lord!

God bless you all. Have a blessed Friday!

Coffee with Jesus
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links