View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 29

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake. Amen.

Prayer of Supplication

Bow down Your ear, O Lord, hear me, for I am poor and needy. Without you, I have nothing. I pray that this day I will have food, and shelter, and be free of pain and fear. If it is not your will for me to suffer, Lord, I pray that I will not. And above all, cleanse my soul of sin, that I might someday be free of all pain and evil; for, whatever I may bear in this life, I have faith and hope in the life to come, through your goodness and mercy. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Releasing Cares

In the name of Jesus, I cast all my anxiety on God, my Father, because He cares for me. I am self-controlled and alert. The devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. By the power of the Holy Spirit, I resist him, standing firm in the faith…And the God of all grace, who called me to His eternal glory in Christ, after I have suffered a little while, will Himself restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast. Thank you, Father, in the name that is above all names—JESUS! Amen.

Scripture Reading 1 Peter 5:7-10

Dear Lord, if I am to truly serve You in my daily work, help me to see a need and to fill it. ... Let me seek to know Your will for my life, to set goals, and to assess the consequences of my decisions. ... Remind me that I need to spend time in Your Word and in quiet meditation; only then can I recognize the guidance of Your Holy Spirit. Only then can I confidently trust the future to You, as You lead me step by step, one day at a time. ... Thank You, Lord, that when I walk closely with You each day, You are glorified and I am blessed. Help me as I strive to be faithful.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, keep in me a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at myself. Lead me always to be positive, looking for the best in people and in situations. Each day and in every way may I grow in the love of the Father and the presence of the Son, and the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. John 16:21–22, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, grant us your Spirit so that here on earth we may be united with you in Jesus Christ the Savior. May truth dawn on us with its light, bringing joy no matter what happens to us. May all the pain in our lives be turned into birth pangs of a new life in which we can rejoice as people you have created, people prepared for the struggle on earth, who are called into battle and led to victory. Grant that we may not be blinded by the surrounding darkness. Shed a clear light on the new life that is coming. May we see what has already happened because Jesus Christ came to the earth and remains on earth, and may we see what is still to come through him, the Savior. O God of wonders, keep us aware of the wonders that increasingly surround us, until all the pain on earth is finally overcome and we glorify your love and your great goodness. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me be who I am and say what I feel without hurting those around me.

Father, we praise You for this new day, thankful that we’re alive and loved by You! We pray for spiritual refreshment as we sit under the teaching of Your Word and that we’ll receive Your joy and strength for the week ahead. Give them wisdom in the decisions they have to make. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgivness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: