Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 04:58 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Grateful that I could find some gratitude. Every time I thought of typing a list my brain said no. I don't think it was so much lack of gratitude, but a lack of connection. My brain has felt like it has been drained and put out to pasture. The fluid pills are taking the fluid out of my head, my skin, and my internal organs, but not my feet.
Grateful that I can walk although my left him and right knee have been acting up and I had to go get a four prong cane. I see it as gormless, not sure if that is spelled right. In other words totally ugly and I am sure I won't want to use it outside of my apartment.
Grateful that my son went grocery shopping on Friday.
Grateful for the food I have to eat, even though I haven't felt like eating it. Cooking it seems like a real chore that I don't have the energy to do. Last night I was thinking pita with chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and onion. I even thought of making my own dressing. I ended up eating 3/4s of a TV dinner. Shame on me, especially when I followed it up with a honey bun.
Grateful that my friends have called me. I missed my Al-Anon and AA meetings because I was in the hospital. A visit to my chiropractor and to my family doctor on Friday, left me with no energy to walk across the street to my NA meeting.
Grateful that I have the many tools of recovery. I can impliament them into my day. What I put into my day is what I will get out of it. If I go through a day of anger, I put myself into danger of slipping, not necessarily physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Grateful that tis program is one day at a time.
Grateful that this too shall pass. I have to remember that it means the good as well as the not so good moments.
Grateful for those who walk this journey with me.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote