View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

February 27

Powerless
There was a tremendous urge to cease forever. Yet we found it impossible.
This is the baffling feature of alcoholism as we know it—this utter inability to
leave it alone, no matter how great the necessity or the wish.
~ Alcoholics Anonymous, p 34

Thought to Ponder . . .
Alcohol -- cunning, baffling, powerful!

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Alcoholic's Answer.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Foundation
There is a direct linkage among self-examination,
meditation, and prayer.
Taken separately, these practices can bring
much relief and benefit.
but when they are logically related and interwoven,
the result is an unshakable foundation for life.
c. 1952 AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 98

Thought to Consider . . .
Prayer is asking a question.
Meditation is listening for the answer.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
A S A P = Always Say A Prayer.

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Hope
>From "Tightrope":
"He put me in contact with an individual who took me to my first meeting. Although I can barely recall anything about that
meeting, I heard two things I have never forgotten. The first was 'You don't have to drink again.' This was a total
revelation to me. For a long time I had believed that alcohol was one of the few positive things left in my life. I looked
forward to my first drink every evening and thought that alcohol was holding my life together. I had to drink to survive, let
alone to have any comfort. Yet here, people who had been in the same boat were telling me that I didn't have to drink. I
don't think I believed them that night, but it gave me enough hope to avoid drinking the rest of the day."
2001 AAWS, Inc., Fourth Edition; Alcoholics Anonymous, pgs. 364-65

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Today, I don't have the home, the husband, the three cars in the garage. I have one old clunker that takes me to
meetings. I am not financially well off, but I have a peace of mind I never dreamed possible. My needs are always met --
and even some of my wishes. I am truly happy for the first time in my life. Thank you AA."
Milwaukie, Ore., June 1999
Beginner's Book: Getting and Staying Sober in AA

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Though there is no way of proving it, we believe that early in our
drinking careers most of us could have stopped drinking. But the
difficulty is that few alcoholics have enough desire to stop while
there is yet time."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 32

"Much to our relief, we discovered we did not need to consider
another's conception of God. Our own conception, however inadequate,
was sufficient to make the approach and to effect a contact with
Him. As soon as we admitted the possible existence of a Creative
Intelligence, a Spirit of the Universe underlying the totality of
things, we began to be possessed of a new sense of power and
direction, provided we took other simple steps."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 46~

"Perhaps we shall need to share with this person facts about ourselves which no others ought to know.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 61

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Righteous Indignation
'The positive value of righteous indignation is theoretical - especially for alcoholics. It leaves every one of us open to the
rationalization that we may be as angry as we like provided we can claim to be righteous about it.'
When we harbored grudges and planned revenge for defeats, we were really beating ourselves with the club of anger
we had intended to use on others. We learned that if we were seriously disturbed, our very first need was to quiet that
disturbance, regardless of who or what we thought caused it. 1. LETTER, 1954 - 2 .TWELVE AND TWELVE, p. 47

Prayer for the Day: God, I pray that I may not neglect my soul in trying to fathom immortal life. If I may be hesitating
between comfort and work, remind me of the greatness of the place which I started to reach. May I not grow weary of
climbing and falter on the stair. Breathe upon me thy inspiration and love, that I may continue in faith all the way. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote