View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

Prayer to Walk with Christ Today

Dear Heavenly Father, I am learning to understand what your word says. Yet so often I simply hear it or read it and think about applying it, but get no further. I want to do it and intend to do it Lord, but it is gone from my mind so easily. I am deceiving myself if I simply hear it and do not make it a part of my life.

Please help me today to take one truth and apply it to my circumstances. Please let your Holy Spirit nudge me and remind me throughout my day. I know that as I apply what your word says I will find freedom. Please show me what I need to focus on right where I walk today, Father. Help me to be intent on practicing what you reveal to me. I know there is blessing in doing things your way. I give you my will today to want to do what you show me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Prayer for Peace

I thank you, master and lover of mankind, King of the ages and giver of all good things, for destroying the dividing wall of enmity and granting peace to those who seek your mercy. I appeal to you to awaken the longing for a peaceful life in all those who are filled with hate for their neighbors, thinking especially of those at war or preparing for war.

Grant peace to your servants. Implant in us the fear of you and confirm in us love for one another. Extinguish every dispute and banish all temptations to disagreement. For you are our peace and to you we ascribe glory: to the Father and the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

(from the Epistle of Jude)

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Standing With His Armor on

In the name of Jesus, I am a child of the Light. I take unto myself the whole armor of God that I may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand, I stand, having my loins girt about with truth. Your Word is truth that contains all the weapons of my warfare, which are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. Jesus, I speak Your Word into every situation, and the entrance of Your word brings light, which dispells the darkness. Amen

Scripture Reading Ephesians 5:8 Ephesians 6:10-18 2 Corinthians 10:4

Dear Lord, You have said: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."* Many of Your people across this land, in cities and towns, in churches, parks and homes, observe a day of prayer each year. ... Open our eyes to see the error of our ways. Forgive us for thinking that we can re-design You to fit today's social changes. Help us to see that Your moral order was meant for all generations and that we are the ones who need to change. ... Forgive us, for we have often denied our Christian heritage. We have been deceived and have allowed others to lead us astray. How we must have grieved You! ... Give us spiritual insight and a desire to seek Your will -- for our nation, for Your churches, and for our lives -- lest we fail You and fall into a quagmire of our own making.

In Jesus' holy name we pray.

Amen.

* (II Chron. 7:14)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, may I ever continue to be thankful for the times thou hast helped me, when I have asked for thy compassion; may I recall the joy in which I received it, when it may be mine to have compassion and extend a helping hand to others. I pray that I may place my life where it will be stronger than adversity and controlled by sincerity and love. Amen.

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God's people – the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you. Colossians 1:3–5, NIV

Lord our God, we praise your name because we are allowed to bear witness to what we see and hear, to all the good you have given us. May we become firmly and faithfully united, awaiting the glorious day when your almighty hand will be victorious and will bring an end to the many evils among us men. On that day you will be praised throughout all nations and everything will be clothed anew, to the glory of your great name. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please help rid myself of anger before I go out into the day. Please give me the wisdom to see that if I am happy I have the power to make others happy as well.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wisdom in the book of Proverbs. Help us to apply it in every area of our lives. Help us to be wise in our spending and in our financial affairs. Lord, help us to keep our word in the greater matters of life, as well as in the small things. Lord, when I tell someone I will do something, help me to follow through. Remind me, should I forget. May people say about me, that I am a person who keeps their word. Help us all, as Your people, to be honest and operate with integrity in all of our financial affairs. Teach us Your financial principles, and help us resist going the way of the world that leads to more and more debt. Teach us Your wisdom in our financial affairs. I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Grace”

Father, it is by grace that we are saved, not of works lest we boast of the power we have to save ourselves. Instead we boast only in the privilege of knowing You and the power of Your resurrection. You exercise lovingkindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth and Your grace knows no bounds. We are grateful recipients of Your boundless grace and merciful kindness. May it spur us on to exercise mercy and grace to those around us. In the gracious name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

“A Prayer For Fervency In Spirit”

Father, help us to stir up the fire of the Holy Spirit in our lives through faithful reading and application of the Scriptures. Though there are daily temptations, disappointments, and experiences that could easily extinguish the fire of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we thank You that Your abiding presence in our hearts is greater than the foe that seeks to deter us. May we always be attentive to Your still small voice and the convicting power of Your Holy Spirit so that we keep our spiritual fervor in serving You all the days of our lives. Through Christ we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: