View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Thank You Lord

Sometimes I stop and wonder why you're still here; Or what is good about me, and why you even care.

You're always there with me to help me out each day; Even though I seldom listen to the words you have to say.

The things I always pray for, I know they will come true; My joy and peace you give me when each day is new.

You continue to forgive me for all that I have done; When nights are filled with sorrow, the day will bring the sun.

In days full of trouble, and friends won't say hi; I know you will be there with me to take me if I die.

For who am I to deserve the grace you have shown; Thank you Lord for keeping me, when life for me was cold. Amen. by Gary R. Ferris

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

My Father, I pray that when the "sun sets today my hope may not set with it." Be with me earlier than the dawn, that I may plan with thee a new day. I pray that thou wilt release me from anything that keeps me from reaching the highest. Amen.

We thank thee, Lord... For all the rich autumnal glories spread - The flaming pageant of the ripening woods, The fiery gorse, the heather-purpled hills, The rustling leaves that fly before the wind and lie below the hedgerows whispering; For meadows silver-white with hoary dew... We thank thee, Lord.

Light that Burns Away Sin

Hebrews 12:29

Dear Father, who dwells in indescribable light,

Living God, consuming fire, burn the sin from my life. Purify my heart's desire in the smelter of your holiness.

I want to do your will, Father, so that whatever I do, in word or deed, it will be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I give thanks to you, God, my Father, always for everything.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2, NIV

Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we beseech you, that we may find your paths on earth and live in the hope and certainty that everything is in your hands, even when we see much that is unjust and evil. May we remain under your protection, living by your commandments and in your Spirit. For your Spirit witnesses to the truth and longs to change and lift up our lives. Your Spirit longs to reach all men who have felt your touch, longs that they may come to you and have life. Amen.

Dear Father, my heart is full of sadness. Please grant me peace so I can fill my heart full of joy once more.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your faithfulness to me.Lord, I have failed You many times in my life; however, You have never failed me. I am grateful for Your love and mercy to me when I have fallen down. I appreciate all the times You have picked me up and helped me to keep on walking on the straight and narrow path of Your will. Lord, strengthen me to be a faithful witness for You. Help me not to put my confidence in men, but rather to lean on You and trust You to help me. I am thankful You have used many people over the years to help me, but I know it was You who gave me favor with them. Thank you. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Go Thou With Us
Gracious God,
Send us anywhere in this world You would have us go
Only go thou with us.
Place upons us any burden You desire
Only stand by us to sustain us.
Break any tie that binds us
Except the tie that binds us to thee.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: