View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you and give thanks for your life that fills and warms every cell of it.

I open my eyes and ears to you and give thanks for the light of your Word, without which I would live in the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you and give thanks for your love that fills me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you and give thanks for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Creator God, we thank you for the creative skills of all human beings, made as we are in your image and likeness. Inspire us to use our skills for the benefit of all our brothers and sisters - working not in competition with others but as “fellow-travelers” who share the same journey. Amen.

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18–19, NIV

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. Bless us, we pray. Bless us especially in days when fear tries to take hold of us. Let your help come down to us as you have promised, the great help in Jesus Christ, who shall come to redeem the whole world. Bless us through your Word. Renew us again and again to stand firm and true to you, for you are our help for redemption and reconciliation through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am facing troubling times. Please give me the wisdom to do the right thing.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful promise of peace and comfort when I need it. You have lifted sorrow from me many times in my life. I am truly grateful, as I would not have been able to bear it without the strength and comfort of the Holy Spirit. May I be sensitive to those who are hurting, and reach out and bring that same comfort to them. I am thankful that we shall see all of our loved ones in Christ once again, when we all get to heaven. How wonderful it is to have the hope that is ours as Your children. Blessed be Your name! I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: