i thank God for most this
amazing
day; for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes
Amen.

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Father, I thank you for giving me more and more grace. Today and everyday I humble myself before you, and submit myself to you. In the name of Jesus, I resist the devil, and he will flee from me. Father, I come near to you, and you come near to me. I wash my hands, and purify my heart. I would not be double-minded, but humble myself before you, my Lord, and you will lift me up. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to accept life as a series of shocks - floods, tornadoes, sickness, death - interspersed with moments of shining joy, gentle love, quiet peace, indomitable hope. All this is the fabric of my life. Help me to cling to these moments, sustained by Your strength, secure in Your love. ... Let me remember that Your despair became victory, Your sorrow, joy. Let this be so in my life. Keep me on an even keel, Lord. I need You.

Thank You, Lord.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I would ask thee that my days be filled with aspiration, and that my heart may know no envy. Help me to love humanity. May I be so glad of the success of others that I may never know what it is to be envious. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Dealing With Violent Death”

Father, You love us and work in our lives to accomplish Your eternally good purpose. We can have full confidence in You especially in times of suffering and senseless loss, but only as we learn to trust You. Like a master weaver, You weave the dark strands as well as the threads of gold and silver and intertwine them to accomplish Your eternally good purpose in our lives. Keep us steady, trusting, and looking to Your promise to work good in our lives in the midst of the bad that life throws our way. We’ll be better for it and can use that good to funnel Your love to others in similar pain. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

He says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth." Isaiah 49:6, NIV

Mighty God, we thank you for sending your light into all the world to reveal that you are the Father of all men, to show us that you are leading them to yourself, the good and the bad, those who are near to you and those who are far away. We thank you that through all this your name may be acknowledged and honored. We thank you that we may live from your hand and that all men may see your work on earth and be filled with praise. May the light which you have sent to earth in Jesus Christ shine brightly for us and penetrate our hearts so that we open ourselves to it with joy, and worship the Savior. Bless us and give us your Spirit; without your Spirit we can do nothing. May we receive help from you every day. Amen.

Father, We are most definitely in Your hands. Prepare us to accept Your will, which is ultimately for our good. Remind us that it may take some uncomfortable refining; nevertheless we have the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us through; the proven words of Your truth. May our faith in You be even greater as we pray.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wisdom that is found in Your Word. Lord, I desire to take heed to the things that You have written in the Bible. Give me the grace to speak righteous and good things and to avoid listening to those who would "bad mouth" others. Lord, help me not to be one who would yield to nagging nor belittling others. Lord, guide me in my choice of friends and let me be a faithful and loyal friend at all times. I give You my heart and mouth and may they both agree with Your Word and be pleasing to You. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: