View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

To Be Free of Anxiety

Lord Jesus, I have allowed myself to be filled with depression and negativity over what I see as my failures in life, where I have been disappointed in something I wanted from this world. I find myself hiding, full of anger and self-righteousness and self-pity, and have turned my eyes away from you.

Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again. You told your disciples to be anxious for nothing. I give to you my anxiety, Lord Christ, and lay my troubles upon your mighty back; and I pick up your burden, for you have promised that it is light, and that you are gentle and kind. Let me work for your glory and not my own, Lord Jesus, that the anxiety that comes from pride and vanity and fear of others might be gone from me, and I may serve you in joy and peace. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

My Lord, I acknowledge that you are the Good Shepherd of my soul, and I am the sheep of your pasture. When I hear your voice, I come to you because you call my name and you lead me out. You walk ahead of me; and I follow you because I recognize your voice. I will not follow a stranger but will run from him, for I don’t recognize his voice. Thank you for giving me a willing and obedient heart. I pray in your name, Lord Jesus. Amen

John 10:3-5

Dear Father in heaven, help me to see that I must commit myself to a higher purpose than just gaining personal wealth and material possessions. ... If I concentrate solely on these, and neglect the spiritual, I will have no center, no higher commitment outside of myself! ... Help me to see that such a life is as if one would choose to set out to sea alone in a boat with no compass, no purpose, no port in mind. It might be enjoyable until a crisis arises, and panic sets in. ... Dear Lord, will it take a crisis before I learn that I am not all- sufficient? ... Help me to see that I do need You, and that I need to build a relationship with You before a crisis engulfs me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14–15, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that your voice reaches our hearts and that we can say with joy, "We belong to you. We too are yours." We want to lead lives that show we belong to you, never allowing ourselves to be sidetracked, never again giving way to pettiness, always drawing strength from the power of Jesus Christ. Protect our household. Watch over each of us. Protect us all on our way. O mighty God, be with us in the many dangers that surround us, and grant that we may always be joyful because our names are recorded in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and wisdom to believe in myself.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: