View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

Prayer to Live Christ's Word

Gracious God, Jesus is calling me to a new beginning; to a fresh call to discipleship. You are asking me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. It was at my baptism that you claimed me as your child.

Today, I affirm that I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I surrender my will, my desires and my life to you, O God. I commit myself to your call to discipleship: to pray, study your Word, worship you, invite other people to a life of discipleship, encourage Christians in their life of faith, serve those in need, and give joyfully of the gifts that You first gave me.
This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Father, according to your Word I have been made the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit who helps me bring forth good fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Amen.

2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 5:22

This day, Father, may my eyes be opened to see the beauty in all that is ordinary - yet special - around me. May the glory of all that you have made remind me of your presence and lead me closer to you.

Heavenly Blessings

Ephesians 1:5-8

Dear Father, King of an eternal kingdom,

In love you destined us to be your sons through Jesus Christ, exactly as you wanted to do.

My heart overflows with thanksgiving and praise for this glorious graciousness which you bestowed on us in your beloved Son.

Thank you that in him and through his blood we are forgiven of every sin and released from our bondage to sin - all of this according to your unfailing love lavished on us!

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to understand that not only should we not judge the people that we love, but we should not judge at all.

Dear Heavenly Father, I am glad that You are that High Tower that we can run into, when we need defense from the enemy of our souls. Lord, keep me from pride and deliver me from all that would offend You. I do appreciate being able to read the Bible and find strength and comfort within its pages. Lord, I acknowledge You as my God and my King. I rely on You, and You alone, and do not put my confidence in my own self, nor any other man. Thank You for protecting me from all of the attacks of the devil. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Morning Prayer
Author Unknown
Dear Lord,
So far I've done all right.
I haven't gossipped,
haven't lost my temper,
haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.
I'm really glad about that.

But in a few minutes, God,
I'm going to get out of bed.
And from then on,
I'm going to need a lot more help.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: