Administrator

October 14

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be thankful, Lord, for little things
The song of birds, the rapture of the rose;
Cloud-dappled skies, the laugh of limpid springs,
Drowned sunbeams and the perfume April blows;
Bronze wheat a-shimmer, purple shade of trees -
Let us be thankful, Lord of Life, for these!

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, my determination is to be my utmost for Your Highest. In the name of Jesus I absolutely and irrevocably surrender my will, binding my will to your will for my life. I determine to be absolutely and entirely for You and for You alone. My eager desire and hope is that I may never feel ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honor to You in my own person by fearless courage. This is my prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Philippians 1:20

My Father, I pray that I may not be dismayed over life, and its trifles. Help me to master difficulties great and small, and give me patience through all until I reach the untroubled way. Amen.

There are likely to be some sudden and abrupt changes in my life, but there will be many more changes that are slow in taking place. When I face difficulties and crisis, I ask you, Lord, to help me to be wise and balanced in my decisions, strong in my friendships, and faithful to you, and so be more able to live at peace within. Amen.

I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants – but let them not turn to folly. Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land. Psalm 85:8–9, NIV

Lord our God, you are help, comfort, and life to us in everything we have to endure. We gather before you as poor, weak people, but you can make us rich and give us new life so that our lives prove we hold to your will and to the justice you bring on earth. May we be one in spirit through all we experience in our hearts, to the glory of your name. May the praise and thanks of many people ring out into all the world because you are help and deliverance from all evil. Amen.

Father, we thank You again for this day and another chance to express our love, praise and thankfulness for Your never-ending mercy and blessings. Thank You for our daily bread and shelter. Strengthen believers with Your Holy Spirit, touching each heart with the assurance of Your love and presence because we need it. In every controversial situation we face please reveal Your presence stirring the desire in people to desire You. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: