View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

Prayer of Resolve

Blessed Jesus, my Savior and Master, model of all perfection, I resolve — and will try this day with my full heart — to imitate Your example, to be like You: mild, humble, chaste, zealous, charitable, and kind. I will redouble my efforts to see Your image in all those I meet and deal with this day — not only people I like — and to be as helpful to them as I would be to You. I resolve to avoid this day all those sins which I have committed heretofore and which I now sincerely desire to give up forever. Amen.

O good shepherd, seek me out, and bring me home to your fold again. Deal favorably with me according to your good pleasure, until I may dwell in your house all the days of my life, and praise you forever and ever with them that are there. Amen. from a prayer of St. Jerome, 408 A.D.

Lord our God, open us up to your Spirit living within us, that we may live fully each day of our lives. Touch us, that we may become more aware of all that is around us, growing in a sense of wonder and awe, and in appreciation for all that we see and hear and touch and taste and smell. May we live in such a way that we never take anything for granted, but always be appreciative and express our thanks to those who are part of our lives. Amen.

“A Prayer For Day By Day Faithfulness”

Father, we’re grateful for the supernatural work You perform in our lives. Help us to follow Your leading in the small day to day promptings we receive from Your Spirit as we go about our activities. The way You cared for Moses is a great reminder that we are never without hope and our circumstances are never too grave when we walk in Your ways and trust You for that which concerns us. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your protection and blessing upon us in this land. Forgive us for the many ways in which we have failed You and sinned against You. Lord, I am reminded of Psalms 20:7 which says, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God." Dear Lord, I voice my trust in You, and declare that we shall be delivered as a nation! Bring revival to our land and heal us. Work in my own heart, and give me a more sacrificing spirit that will give up things I want to do and do only Your will. Let revival begin in me. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: