View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #32
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 31

PRAYER

“As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.” Psalm 138:3

“Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us.” Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 105

For what it’s worth: Alcohol devoured my family. When I asked God to return them, He refused. That was my last prayer for many lonely years and the beginning of the advanced stages of alcoholism. When I finally entered the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous, I had no intention of ever praying. With sober time, the grace of God, and the encouragement of A.A. members, I slowly began to pray. I find sometimes His answer is "Wait" or “According to my plan, not yours". He seems so slow at times and I have to ask Him for patience. When I wait quietly, humbly and sincerely asking that His will be done, not mine, I come to realize He is always right there with me, always answers my prayers, often in miraculous ways, proving His love and showing me once again He will never let me down.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: