View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 23

Quote of the Week

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so live in the now."

When I came into the program, I was so consumed with worry for my future that I couldn't even talk about what I was doing in the present. "But what happens if I lose my house; how about my career? What if I go to jail?" These and other future events where my new obsession once I put the drugs and alcohol down.

When I tried to tell others in the program my concerns, they gave me suggestions that seemed ludicrous at the time. "Help stack the chairs after the meeting", they told me. "Collect the coffee cups and go into the kitchen and help the others clean up", they advised. "Aren't you listening?" I wanted to scream at them. Instead, I washed cups...

It has taken years for me to finally learn the lessons they were trying to teach me, but it's clear now. Today, I have everything I need to be happy, joyous and free. And if I take care of the things in front of me today, then one day at a time my life can and will improve. I now know that today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday, so I now make the most out of living today.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote