View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

June 6

Helpfulness
Your job now is to be at the place where you may be of maximum helpfulness to others,
so never hesitate to go anywhere if you can be helpful. You should not hesitate to
visit the most sordid spot on earth on such an errand. Keep on the firing line of
life with these motives and God will keep you unharmed.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 102

Thought to Ponder . . .
Trust God. Clean house. Help others.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H E A L = Helping Every Alcoholic Live.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Growing Up
"How many of us would presume to declare,
'Well, I'm sober and I'm happy.
What more can I want, or do?
I'm fine the way I am.'
We know that the price of such
self-satisfaction is an inevitable backslide,
punctuated at some point
by a very rude awakening.
We have to grow or else deteriorate.
For us, the status quo can only be for today,
never for tomorrow.
Change we must;
we cannot stand still."
Bill W., Box 1980: The AA Grapevine, June 1961
As Bill Sees It, p. 25

Thought to Consider....
The program has helped me grow up enough
to be a kid again.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
WISDOM
When Into Self, Discover Our Motives

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Commitment
>From "Destinations":
"That first step is very important, whether it is the first step of a beloved child learning to walk or the First Step, taken by
a man on his way to a new life. Looking into my little ones' faces, I can see the same qualities that we need for the
Twelve Steps of A.A.: daring, to stake everything on the attempt; a sense of direction, to be followed with no swerving,
no detour; decision, to move forward with out hesitation or reservation; determination, to make it all the way.
Destination: a full life, a free life, a serene life. Albany, Australia"
1973 AAWS, Inc.; Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 93

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"There will always be people in the Fellowship with whom I don't see eye-to-eye, but that doesn't mean we can't work
together. The Fellowship wouldn't be what it is today if we always saw eye-to-eye on everything."
Goffstown, New Hampshire, September 1994
"Principles Before Personalities,"
AA Grapevine

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Remember that we deal with alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful!
Without help it is too much for us. But there is One who has all
power that One is God. May you find Him now!"
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, How It Works, Page 58~

"We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost selves that
we were alcoholics."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 30~

At the very least, we shall have to come to grips with some of our worst character defects and take action toward their removal as quickly as we can.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 69

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

We recall, a little ruefully, how much store we used to set by imagination as it tried to create reality out of bottles. Yes, we revealed in that sort of thinking, didn't we? And, through sober nowadays, don't we often try to do much the same thing?
Perhaps our trouble was not that we used our imagination. Perhaps the real trouble was our almost total inability to point imagination toward the right objectives. there's nothing the matter with truly constructive imagination; all sound achievement rests upon it. After all, no man can build a house until he first visions a plan for it.

Prayer For The Day: Lord our God, inspire us to make our choices well and understand our responsibilities and the consequences of what we do. Help us to make good use of the opportunities that come to us. Lead us to be positive in our attitude, that we may work well with others and live this day to the full. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: