View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

Wisdom for Today
I don't know exactly when I crossed the line, I just know I did. I think all addicts and addicts in recovery eventually recognize this fact. But even though I know I crossed this line it does not mean that I am cured. I still have messed up thinking some times. I still catch myself thinking that I should be able to drink if I want to. I still catch myself thinking about the "good old days."
Yet it is this very fact, that I catch myself, that enables me to stay sober. The program has given me back the power to choose. I can choose to stay in my messed up thinking or I can choose to tell on my disease and get back on track. This power to choose was not something I had when I was active in my disease process. The booze and the drugs made the choices for me. Today I can see my disease for what it really is - cunning, baffling and powerful. Do I see my disease for what it is?
Meditations for the Heart
I must take time to be with my Higher Power each and every day. It is in this quiet solitude that I find inner peace. It is in this relationship that I find strength and courage. It is in this relationship that I am given wisdom. I know that I need to be transformed mentally and spiritually. It is only in this relationship that this transformation can take place. So I need to seek out time with God. I find time to talk to Him and I find time to listen. Will I take time to foster this relationship each day?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God
Your wisdom is above my wisdom. Let me seek you out in all that I do today. Help me to stay on track and make good choices for my recovery today. Let me see my disease when it tries to sneak back into my thinking, my life and my heart. Gr4ant me courage as I need it.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: