Thread: QUESTION???
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #17
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

As it says in the Big Book, the higher my acceptance, the lower my expectations. It is hard to accept what you don't know. I accept that I don't know and that I shouldn't speculate and draw negative energy to me. Just be in the moment, accept what is, and life moves on.

I know I don't have to like it in order to accept it. It is just hard to decide my feelings when they are shadowed by what I would call doubt. Not in God, perhaps in myself, wondering if I have the courage and strength to go through what ever is ahead. I have had prayer from a lot of people, I would like to think that whatever happens, it will be alright, whatever way it turns out. When I do my meditation, I have asked what I needed, and I keep getting the word "courage" and for that I know the strength comes from my God and the people in my life.

a few seconds ago QuoteEditlikePost Options Post by majestyjo on a few seconds ago
So many times I project expectations onto other and I measure it with my own yard stick. So often they are not capable of meeting them, and they feel like I am putting them down and calling them stupid.

When I put expectations on myself and I can't meet them, I feel stupid and less than for not measuring up.

All we are asked to do is try.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote