View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 07:25 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 12, 2017

Laughter
So we think cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness. Outsiders are sometimes
shocked when we bust into merriment over a seemingly tragic experience out of the past.
But why shouldn’t we laugh? We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p 132

Thought to Ponder . . .
Laughter is the sound of recovery.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = Happy, Joyous, Free.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Sharing
"In spite of the great increase in the size
and the span of this Fellowship,
at its core it remains simple and personal.
Each day, somewhere in the world,
recovery begins when one alcoholic talks
with another alcoholic,
sharing experience, strength, and hope."
Alcoholics Anonymous, p. xxii

Thought to Consider . . .
We need each other's experience, strength, and hope,
regardless of age or length of sobriety.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
H O P E
Help Open People's Eyes

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Money
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
An aide "quickly took the glowing report to his friend, Mr. Rockefeller, who we thought would surely be interested. Here
was medicine, here was religion, and here was a great good work, all in one package. Mr. Rockefeller listened intently.
He was tremendously impressed and said so. He has repeatedly stated that his connection with Alcoholics
Anonymous is numbered among the finest and most moving experiences of his life.
"Nevertheless, Mr. Rockefeller flatly turned down this plea for a large sum [$50,000], despite the fact that the project
appealed to his every charitable inclination. After a rereading of [the aide's] report, he said 'I am afraid that money will
spoil this thing.' When he gave his reasons, they were identical with those advanced by the Akron group's minority [at
an earlier meeting]. John D. Rockefeller, Jr., was guided then and there to save the A.A. fellowship from itself and from
unnecessary hazards of money, property, and professionalism. It was one of the turning points in A.A.'s history.
"[The aide then] described the desperate financial plight of Dr. Bob and myself. On hearing of this, Mr. Rockefeller said,
'I will place $5,000 for their use in the treasury of the Riverside Church [NYC, NY]. You may draw on this as you like.
This will give these men some temporary assistance. But this fellowship should soon become self-supporting.'" An
account by Bill W. of events which took place in December, 1937
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pgs. 150-51

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I am not my disease; I just have it."
San Jose, California, December 2010
"Four Years,"
Emotional Sobriety II: The Next Frontier

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"To get over drinking will require a transformation of thought and
attitude. We all had to place recovery above everything, for without
recovery we would have lost both home and business."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, To Employers, pg. 143~

"Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you will presently live in
a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances!"
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 100

Everywhere we saw failure and misery transformed by humility into priceless assets.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 75

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Healing Talk
When we consult an A.A. friend, we should not be reluctant to remind him of our need for full privacy. Intimate
communication is normally so free and easy among us that an A.A. adviser may sometimes forget when we expect him
to remain silent. The protective sanctity of this most healing of human relations ought never be violated.
Such privileged communications have priceless advantages. We find in them the perfect opportunity to be as honest as
we know how to be. We do not have to think of the possibility of damage to other people, nor need we fear ridicule or
condemnation. Here, too. we have the best possible chance of spotting self-deception. GRAPEVINE, AUGUST 1961

Prayer For The Day: Dear Lord, thank you for the love you have shown me. Help me carry that love to others so they may benefit from your love.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: