View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #31
yukonm
Administrator

September 26

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

So we shall describe some of the mental states that precede a relapse into drinking, for obviously this is the crux of the problem. - Pg. 35 - More About Alcoholism

One Life

I have one life I can do something about and that life is mine. I have one mind through which to think the next right thought, one heart through which to experience the next feeling and one body through which to take the next right action. I cannot control another person. That is part of my disease, wanting to fix. I have spent too many years feeling overwhelmed by other people's problems, hurt by other people's actions and baffled by disease related behaviors. When I try to control others I will ask myself if I am feeling overwhelmed by their lives being out of order and need to take a step back. If I really want to distance them and I feel guilty about that feeling so I run in to fix instead and I need to take a step back.

- Tian Dayton PhD

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Where do you find recovery? Twelve steps past any lengths.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I'm living according to my truth, knowing that freedom and happiness are the result.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I know my capacity for drink but I keep getting drunk before I reach it. - Oliver R.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links