View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom Of The Rooms - 2017

January 2

"Are you doing God's work or God's job?"

When I was new to the program, I had a slight control problem. OK, a Big Problem. I was pretty convinced I could manage, manipulate, plan and control people, places and things so I could achieve the outcome that would be best for myself and others. Needless to say, it was an exhausting and frustrating job.

As I began working my program, I began relying more and more on a God of my understanding to help me deal with and cope with feelings, events and situations in my life. The more I did this the more I learned that God's will for me was always better than anything I could have wanted for myself, and the less I tried to control and the more I let go, the better my life got.

My life improved even more when I began applying these principles to other people, places and things. I learned that other people had their own Higher Power, and it wasn't me. I learned that my job was to pray for knowledge of God's will and then to be of service. It was and is God's job to handle the rest. Today whenever I am uncomfortable or stressed I ask myself a simple question, "Am I doing God's work or God’s job?" That usually sets me straight pretty quick.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links