View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default A Valentine Devotional

A Valentine Devotional

I've been thinking of Valentine's Day and how the heart is a symbol of love. Our church has a breakfast on the first Monday of the month, and I usually try to have some kind of related treat if there is a special day in that month. And so, in the local Christian bookstore, I bought a couple of packages of Valentine cards to pass out on Monday, February the first.

The messages spoke to me:

"Jesus thinks you're special!" "God loves you!" "God made you special!"

Then these Scripture verses came to mind:

Jeremiah 31:3b – I have loved you with an everlasting love. (NKJV)

Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me … and I will give you rest. (KJV)

Isaiah 43:1 – I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine! (NKJV)

What can be more important as we come to the "day of love" than to remember the greatest love of all, that of our heavenly Father, Who gave us the greatest gift of all: His only Son?

John 15:13 – Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. (NKJV)

And all that He asks of us is, "Be Mine!"

Prayer: Lord, help us to recognize that there is no love greater than Yours and that You want us to have it. May we accept this gift of love and learn how to give it to others in Your name. Thank You for everything. Amen.

Ruth Burkholder
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links