View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 10

RELAPSE - PREMEDITATED MURDER

"...Honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found." Isaiah 59:14-15

"He can only be defeated by an attitude of intolerance or belligerent denial." Alcoholics Anonymous, Appendix II, "Spiritual Experience"

For what it's worth: Surely, truth was "nowhere to be found" during the insidious denial stage of my alcoholism. Like most alcoholics, I would have died in denial, but God was merciful, bringing me to the truth in Alcoholics Anonymous. Despite years of acceptance, sobriety, and treatment of my disease, "an attitude of intolerance or belligerent denial" will destroy my spiritual condition and contrive a relapse - a deadly reality. Just the thought of relapse is frightening. I will rapidly drift away from God. All honesty will be lost. My soul will empty and rot. The only promise will be rapidly progressive deterioration. I will be guilty of premeditated murder, planning and constructing a relapse long before the lethal act. The victim will be me, killed on the installment plan, one drink at a time.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: