View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13

All throughout the Bible we see images of God as our Shepherd. Psalm 23 says, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” The New Testament describes Jesus as the Good Shepherd, and tells us that He lays down His life for His sheep. Jesus says, in John 10:3, that the sheep hear His voice.

I don’t have sheep, but I have two goats named Vincent and Violet. When I speak to them, they know my voice. If I were a stranger they wouldn’t listen, being very stubborn and ornery goats. But when I call Vincent he comes up to the fence for me to rub his head and scratch him between the horns. Violet eats acorns from my hand.

What a lovely thought that our Good Shepherd speaks to us. Here are just a few of the things He says in His Word: “Look to Me . . . I provide all of your needs. Cast your cares on me . . . for I care deeply for you. Rest in me . . . for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. I will do the work for you. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will guide you . . . follow me. I am always with you, I will never leave you. I will comfort you. My grace is sufficient. Don’t be afraid, I will protect you. I go before you and I will bless you. You are precious and honored in my sight and I love you. . . .”

Faith Step: All that He is, He is for you. All that He speaks, He speaks to you. Do you hear your Shepherd’s voice?

—Gwen Ford Faulkenberry
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links