View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

Wisdom for Today
In sharing with others, I have discovered much about myself. I have been able to uncover many of the things that make me tick. I have been able to discover much of what motivates me, and I have seen how many of my character defects work. This knowledge of myself has been very valuable for me in my daily interactions with others. Knowing myself and what is going on with me helps me to make better decisions in my life. Knowing myself helps me take better care of myself – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Sharing with others is like standing before a mirror that provides a true reflection of myself.
I begin to really understand how this disease of addiction has rooted itself in my life. I can see how it has the potential to affect all areas of my life. Some of the pointed questions I am asked by others force me to re-evaluate my own life and how I am working the program. In working with others, I gain a greater appreciation of my oneness with everyone else in the program. I no longer feel alone but a part of something. This helps me to have a stronger sense of belonging, and I lose my sense of uniqueness. Do I appreciate the benefits of working with others?
Meditations for the Heart
I used to be very paranoid about someone knocking on my door. I was never sure if it was the police, a debt collector or someone that I had harmed in my addiction. Recovery has changed all that, and I no longer have to live in fear. However, this does not mean that no one knocks on my door anymore. I have many friends who now knock on my door, but more important that this is the knock that occurs on my spiritual door. I could not hear this knock when I was active in my addiction, but I am now convinced it was there. Each and every day my Higher Power knocks on this door; all I need do is answer this door. He is constantly seeking me out; and when I open the door to my Higher Power, He greets me and invites me to follow Him. All I need do is listen for His knock and open the door to Him spiritually and my life is changed. Am I willing to listen for the knock on my spiritual door each day? Am I willing to follow where He will lead me?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,
Each time I work with others, more is revealed to me about myself. Thank You for bringing me into this program and giving me the opportunity to learn more about myself. Let me listen for Your knock at my door and be open to follow You today. Help me to not only listen for Your knock, but to be a good listener in all that I do.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: