View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 5

For Joy in God's Creation

O Heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty; Open my eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that rejoicing in your whole creation, I may learn to serve you with gladness, faithfully managing your bounty; for the sake of him by whom all things were made, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For Faithfulness in the Use of this World's Goods

Almighty God, whose loving hand has given me all that I possess; Grant me grace that I may honor you with my substance, and remembering the account which I must one day give, may be a faithful steward of your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for Personal Conduct (from 1 Timothy)

Lord God, I pray that this day my conduct will be like that you have set for your clergy: Above reproach. May I be this day temperate, sensible, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, and not violent, but gentle. May I never be quarrelsome, always seeking peace even in disagreement, and may my love be for you and my fellow man, not for money. I pray that I manage my own household well. If I have any children in my charge, I pray to that I may take the time to see that they are in control and behaving with proper respect. Grant me a good reputation with outsiders, so that I will not fall into disgrace and the snare of the devil. This I pray through my Lord Christ, whose love and attention ever gave us an example of conduct, Amen.

Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God." John 6:68–69, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we come to you and seek communion with you because we know that all life comes from you, all progress among men depends on you, and our innermost being can be strength ened through your Spirit. Protect us and renew our strength time and again so that your will may be done among us and we may all find courage for our lives, even when many difficulties loom up around us. Grant that we may remain your servants and go joyfully to meet what is to come. Bless us today and every day according to your promises. Amen.

To Bear Fruit

Father, I am Your garden under cultivation, and You are the Vinedresser. Lord Jesus, You are the Vine and I am the branch. You chose me and appointed me to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth fruit in its season. My leaf shall not wither, and whatever I do shall prosper in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Scripture Reading John 15 Psalm 1

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please give me the wisdom to make the right decisions, for even the smallest of choices can change a person's life forever.

Dear Lord, in times of trials and suffering, when I feel overwhelmed, and my faith shrinks to the size of a "mustard seed," forgive me! Forgive me for focusing on the magnitude of my problems instead of the magnitude of my God! ... Help me to see that accepting Your sovereignty is no longer just an academic question, but an everyday necessity as the basis of my Christian faith. For if I really accept Your sovereignty, then I must believe that You are adequate for all of my needs. ... I pray that the Holy Spirit will make known to me whether I am to act or to wait. Help me to trust that You can bring something meaningful even out of my crisis-situations, and to learn that Your grace, Your mercy, and Your love are indeed sufficient for all of my needs, for You are faithful to Your Word.

In the name of Jesus I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord God, may I realize more my dependence on thee for the joys of life. I pray that as I accept thy gifts I will not neglect to take the peace and happiness which thou dost give with them. Grant that I may have the bright hope and cheerful courage that is the experience of power and truth. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: