View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #1
Annie5cents

Default Grateful for awareness?

Good morning! I am Ann and I am an alcoholic. I am within my 1st year of sobriety and am approaching the anniversary of when I first came into AA last March (I had my last drink June 2018). I have been having horrific nightmares of how my life was a year ago. Vivid drinking dreams and of being passed out at 11 am in my backyard, among other "stunts" I pulled while drunk. The desire to drink has been lifted, thank you God, but I have been struggling to live life on life's terms without the "help" of any substances, ie pot, which is not legal in my state. I have a wonderful sponsor, homegroup and support system who encourage and love me, and I am beyond grateful for them. I am struggling to cope with these dreams and the fear they cause me. I am working on getting out of my head and being thankful for the awareness of my healthier life today vs the horrors of how things were when I was drinking. I am grateful for God's grace and the love of the group when I struggle to love myself. Thanks for this forum and all the work you do to keep it up and running. I try to stop in daily for the truly inspirational readings. Blessings to you.
Annie5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annie5cents For Sharing:
Sponsored Links